Monday, January 18, 2010

Ummm...sorry

(said like Gilly)
Wow - I was doing so good posting away and then nothing for 9 days.  I guess going back to work make me not want to blog?!?! 
It was a good week - the weather was pretty pleasant - snows melting - a little.  It was good being back at work - such sweet kiddoes.
On the creative side of things I have started another clay creation - trying to make a little girl....she's getting there - love working with the clay. 



I also ordered some wool roving so I can do some wet felting - what a cool process.  I have been watching you tube video after you tube video after you tube video and reading as much as I can about this cool art.....so I will show the finished projects once supplies have been recieved. 

I was thinking we should do an ART SWAP.....would I have any takers????  We could go with a theme and then crafters/artists of all media could participate - knitters, crocheters, jewelry designers, poets, photographers, paper artists, quilters, sewers, etc. etc.  Heck even if I had one taker that would be enough - we could trade.  It would just be great fun to see what others are creating.
How about a THEME of LOVE.
It's the 18th today - comment and let me know if you are interested. 
DUE DATE: FEBRUARY 2nd (which means they need to be in my hands by the 2nd - sent out using PRIORITY MAIL by the 29th of JANUARY)
All items will be swapped and sent back out by the 5th - that way everyone could recieve their items by Valentines day.  
Ok the nitty gritty details - BEST WORK ONLY - and I am sure this goes without saying - only send in something you yourself would love to get.  Send your item along with $5.00 for shipping back to youPlease only send cash.   
It's hard to put a value minimum or maximum - so the best I can do is tell you items I am considering making for the swap:
earrings, a felted soap, a couple felted pebbles, a paper door decoration for valentines, a small bird, a hanging heart pillow, a 5 x 7 photo, an altered jar, a set of note cards, etc......
What do you say - I know there a lot of talented people out there - and some of you even read my blog!  :)  I would love to see what we can do!!!  Hope to hear from you soon....