Saturday, October 31, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
I am pretty lucky - I have an awesome family! I was born into a pretty terrific family and married into one. So here are my 8 things that I love about being part of this clan!!!
1. Friends galore - there are soooo many of us - parents, grandparents, sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews.
2. Family get together - lots of noise - on my mom's side - they are Italians - and loud - and we all talk at once - I love it - but it can be intimidating to people who are not used to it.
3. Forgiveness - sure we fight - but we forgive - no matter what!!!! That's just how you do it!!! If we offend someone or hurt their feelings - we mend, we forgive, and we move forward - still loving one another. We would never let a hurt ever drive a permanent wedge - NOT EVER - NO MATTER WHAT!!!
4. Support - we are always there for one another. And if we are not we get a swift kick in the rear and make it right. But we cheer one another on - that's just what we do.
5. THE FOOD!!!! Can I say that??? I mean this family can cook - and we like to cook lots of it. (I will do a mini 8things here - favorite foods: 1) Grandma's spaghetti with vinegar & oil salad (Grandma's vinegar and oil salad is just the best - don't know what the trick is - it's her loving touch :)) 2) Mom's Green Chili & Chimichangas 3) Suzy's Greasy Delicious 4) Airport Inn Pizza (OK this is totally not my families food but we always have it when we get together in Miles City and I love it) 5) Jodi's Cajun Pasta 6) Dad's Philly Cheese steaks 7) Grandma's Japanese Fruit Pie 8) Debbie's Apple Salad - and this is what sounds the best today - ask me tomorrow and I probably will be missing 8 other favorites :))
6. FUN - we really can have fun - doing whatever - cause it's easy hanging out with people you love - and fun is sure to follow. (bowling, games, sledding, coffee, bars, you name it we can have fun doing it)
7. Fierce Bond - we love each other fiercely - and this makes me happy!
8. That we need each other - when we are all together it feels better - even if we get crazy or tense it's still always great to be together.
Sketch by Jayne Jones from Feeling Scrappy's Sketchapalooza 5 class:
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Happy Birthday sweet girl - 17 years old - how can it be - my how time flies by. I remember 17 years ago like it was yesterday. I was just 16 so young and scared yet so excited to finally my baby. And then you came - my sweet Macey - you were perfect in every way. We were blessed, you were a true gift from above.
These days are sometimes difficult - being a parent to a teenager - it's all new to me - and I screw up a lot - but I try - this gift of being a mom is a wonderful gift - but not without it's trials and tribulations. One thing remains exactly the same and that is love - so much love for you. I hope you know, Macey, just how much Dad and I love you!
Happy Happy Birthday! Hope you are having a terrific day!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
I am excited to say that Star Hitched Wagon™ is one of this month's sponsors over at Stephanie Howell's "place"! I LOVE her blog - it is fantastic - I mean the girl is crazy talented. Her scrapbook pages are just FANTASTIC!!! SHe has fantastic style - clothing and flea market finds. She is just fun - weeeellllll I don't actually know her - I really just stalk her blog and now it's your turn!!! She is doing a few drawings this weekend - all you have to do is leave a comment on HER blog post by Sunday!!! Easy peasy - right? Oh and my Calliope bracelet is what you might win!!! Go on over and check it out - good luck!
Labels: Star Hitched Wagon
Thursday, October 22, 2009
1. I love their excitement that they share with each new experience, to get to share in their wonder and joy.
2. I love their love - Xander shares his hugs and kisses a little more frequently - but I still get hugs from Macey and Connor at bedtime. :)
3. I love doing things with them - baking, reading books, playing games. Last week Macey was out and Xander and Steve were at Scouts so it was just Connor and I. I asked him if he would like to help me bake some pumpkin bars. He is getting older so I wasn't sure if he would want to - but he did and it really was nice. When he was younger he baked with me all the time - but those moments are few and far between. We visited and joked and laughed - and we even played some cards afterward. It was a night I will cherish.
4. Getting to play like child with my children - Frisbee, racing, tag, jumping on the trampoline. I will admit I don't do it often enough but when I do - it is SOOOO good for the soul.
5. When you receive confirmation that they are on the right track in life. It really is the best when someone tells you how well behaved or well mannered they are. Or you see them lend a helping hand or help out the underdog....because really our job as parents is to raise our children to be healthy happy adults.
6. The holidays with children truly are the best - they are so excited - it just so much more with children.
7. Volunteering in their schools - not because I love showing off at school - but because my kids are always so proud when I am there helping out. To me that is a huge thing. They are not embarrassed of me - they really want me there.
8. Watching these three amazing children work things out - becoming who they are meant to be. It's not easy being a mom and many days I want to bang my head against the wall - but they are going in the direction they are meant to go. They are three beautifully strong-willed, unique souls that will no doubt touch the lives of many around them.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Steve ran out at Platte River on Sunday and invited us to tag along - it was a beautiful fall day. I decided to bring my camera so I could snap some photos. Along the way I decide to offer Xander the camera - what a great eye the little guy has. He took some really cool photos and several shots of me and I think they are some of the better photos we have of me - you can't help but smile big for the little guy!
Here are some of my shots:
And here are some very cool shots taken by Xander:
This is the stuff that perfect days are made of!
Friday, October 16, 2009
.......Simplify the Season Class!
Stacey showed us how to make these great gift card holders - love this!!!
Lee showed us all how to make these awesome Button Trees. I had such a blast with these - even Xander helped me out!
I did a how to on how to make these wonderful boxes in all different shapes and size - oh how I love them - then will be finding their way under the Christmas tree this year to house many special gifts.
I also did a fun mitten that holds candy canes
Stacey had a great how to on gift mixes in fancy jars. This was mine - it houses a playdough mix. Such fun!!
We even had great cards sketches and layout sketches.
Both layouts from Lee:
Really you have got to sign up for all the classes that Feeling Scrappy has to offer! The value is incredible. There are prizes galore - fun people - and you get so much done! And when finished you have the tools to do everything we learned in class on your own whenever and however you want! How cool is that!?! Our next class will be Sketchapalooza 5! It starts October 26th - it's only $25.00 for 20 sketches - that is AWESOME! I really hope to see you there - I promise you will love it!