Thursday, October 22, 2009

8 Things: I love about being a mom



1. I love their excitement that they share with each new experience, to get to share in their wonder and joy.

2. I love their love - Xander shares his hugs and kisses a little more frequently - but I still get hugs from Macey and Connor at bedtime. :)

3. I love doing things with them - baking, reading books, playing games. Last week Macey was out and Xander and Steve were at Scouts so it was just Connor and I. I asked him if he would like to help me bake some pumpkin bars. He is getting older so I wasn't sure if he would want to - but he did and it really was nice. When he was younger he baked with me all the time - but those moments are few and far between. We visited and joked and laughed - and we even played some cards afterward. It was a night I will cherish.

4. Getting to play like child with my children - Frisbee, racing, tag, jumping on the trampoline. I will admit I don't do it often enough but when I do - it is SOOOO good for the soul.

5. When you receive confirmation that they are on the right track in life. It really is the best when someone tells you how well behaved or well mannered they are. Or you see them lend a helping hand or help out the underdog....because really our job as parents is to raise our children to be healthy happy adults.

6. The holidays with children truly are the best - they are so excited - it just so much more with children.

7. Volunteering in their schools - not because I love showing off at school - but because my kids are always so proud when I am there helping out. To me that is a huge thing. They are not embarrassed of me - they really want me there.

8. Watching these three amazing children work things out - becoming who they are meant to be. It's not easy being a mom and many days I want to bang my head against the wall - but they are going in the direction they are meant to go. They are three beautifully strong-willed, unique souls that will no doubt touch the lives of many around them.