Friday, December 19, 2008

Ummmm...please no more snow til after the new year....

I so want to make it home safely....we are scheduled to leave tomorrow for our 12 hour trek across South Dakota and into Montana. It snowed 3 - 4 inches last night. And let me tell ya what a weird evening - we had lightening, thunder, rain, sleet and finally snow. Lightening in December? That was a first. Kids school was cancelled (calls came in last night) - think just to be safe - not that much snow. Think it has something to do with the buses....
NO snow scheduled for today (yeah I said scheduled) but tomorrow - looks like there is snow and blizzards and dangerously low temps. It is supposed to be a high of 5 below in Rapid City tomorrow, 35 - 45 below with wind chills. And we have to travel through there.
I just wanna go home....and I whined a little when I said that. I miss my mom and dad and my sisters, brother in laws, sister in laws, nieces, nephews, my mother in laws, grandma, aunts and uncles and cousins. And a lot of them will be in MC over the holidays. So I just want to make it safely back home tomorrow - latest Sunday. So we can drink my mom's homemade Tom and Jerry's, eat some Airport Inn Pizza, play games, laugh, visit, and relax!!!
So please no more snow until after the new year!!!
If you are traveling this holiday season I wish you the safest travels. Enjoy your loved ones!! And have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!