Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My One Little Word...

When I started seeing people talking about picking their words for 2012 
I felt a bug PULL towards really commiting this year.  
I have picked words before but really had to think hard about the word.
It was more or less just a word.  
They didn't have as much meaning to me.
And I didn't do too much to make it a part of my life.  
This time around two words came to mind immediately - without much thought.

Those words were:
TRUTH and REAL

Both completely related.
As I have mentioned in many a blog posts
us moving has brought a lot of changes
it has sent me reeling a bit. 
My ego is getting the best of me…
I tend to make assumptions about situations, people, etc…
and what I am realizing is that they are not factual, 
not necessarily real or the truth.
And sometimes I am not realistic about
what I need to do to achieve desired outcomes.
I make excuses about why things might not be happening.
It's time to get real.
I really want to focus on what is true.

So my word will be...

  re·al, real/ˈrē(ə)l/, /rāˈäl/


1.  true; not merely ostensible, nominal, or apparent.

2.  existing or occurring as fact; actual rather than imaginary, ideal, or fictitious.

3.  being an actual thing; having objective existence; not imaginary.
4.being actually such; not merely so-called.

5.  genuine; not counterfeit, artificial, or imitation; authentic.

How perfect is that?
That is exactly what I'm talkin bout!!! 

To see what is REAL about all situations.

To be REAL about what is needed for a desired outcome.

To be REAL with where I'm at.

To be REAL with my intentions.

To be REAL towards others.  

To show the REAL me.

To be the REAL me.


Be REAL.  See what's REAL.  Feel what's REAL.