Thursday, January 7, 2010

How about a recipe?

I made a scrumpdillyish dinner last night!  (basically a stir fry)  Thought you might want to make it too!

Ingredients:

cooking spray
1 - 2 tbsp minced garlic
4 c. broccoli (I just used a large bunch -  cut into smaller pieces)
3 c. carrot chips (these come precut in a bag - side note here - these are so GOOD!!!  I will be buying them each time I go to the store and setting them on the counter for us to snack on - they are like a chip - only much better for you - and the kids LOVE carrots)
1 tsp. onion powder (I didn't have any green onions - but still wanted a bit of the onion flavor - next time I will cut up a bunch of green onions)
1 box of thin spaghetti, cooked
4 tbsp. soy sauce - I recommend low sodium
2 tbsp. cooking wine - I used a white wine
1/2 c. - 1 c. pasta water

Cook garlic, carrots, broccoli and onion powder in a skillet coated with cooking spray until desired doneness (is that a word - spell check says no).  I like my veggies still crisp.  Then add in the soy sauce, wine and pasta water - cook a couple mintues more then add pasta.  Mix well and serve!
SO easy - so good - everyone likes this.  I like that this was a no meat dish - it was just as satisfying but a tad easier - BUT this would also be great with beef strips or chicken or pork or shrimp.....
Also to mine I added red pepper flakes to make it nice and spicy!!!

I hope you try it - if you do let me know what you think.

I wish I would have taken a photo last night but instead I remembered when I was almost done with leftovers for lunch: