Friday, July 31, 2009

We Made Pottery

A few weeks ago we went in to the one of the coolest places in Omaha - The Art Mill and got busy making pottery! All three kids and me. Such fun. We rolled out the clay and used slump molds to get the basic shape we wanted and then decorated as we saw fit. Then about a week later we went back in and glazed. And yesterday (about another week later) I picked up these beauties. I think they are all GORGEOUS. The kids did a great job - and they enjoyed themselves.

Here is mine:


Here is Maceys:


Here is Xanders:


And here is Connors:


If you live in Omaha - you really should go visit Jane at The Art Mill she has an assortment of classes offered or open studio for your different needs - you just pay as you go. I think it would be great fun to get a few women together for a pottery night - so if you are interested let me know - I could get us on the books.

I still have three pounds of clay left - I am going to be stingy and save it ALL for me - I have got some ideas brewing that I am really looking forward to.