Monday, June 23, 2008

The BEST of Times...

OMG...I had such an AWESOME time in Sheridan. We all did. I knew I missed those girls but I didn't know just how BAD I miss them. Once in a life time - best friends forever kind of friends!!! Got to have lunch with Kim, Mary and her sweet boys, Annie, Tara, Kelly, and my mother in law Suzy. SO fun - having a girls lunch date. They have been so few and far between in Omaha and now with Jayne moving they will really be few and far between. Anyways.....then went to Annie's and visited and saw her kiddoes who are growing up so fast. Then to Mary and Cory's - they have such a beautiful home with most GORGEOUS view of the mountains - man I didn't want to leave. It was so wonderful to be with friends all weekend, I will keep repeating that....
Drew (Steve's brother) and Mandy came to town - first time meeting Mandy - she is great. Then dancing with the girls - too fun - Friday night Ms. Simone joined us and man did we dance.....girls you are the greatest.
Then on to Saturday. So cool - Steve ran his first 50 mile trail run - the Bighorn Mountain run. I got some good photos and Drew got a video clip - will hopefully get those posted this week. It was awesome. He completed his first 50 mile run in just over 11 hours. Hopefully I can get him to write a post - because he's got great details. I am so proud of him!!! It was so cool - and he finished so well - looked great - not like a man who just ran 50 MILES!!!! He is a little sore and he rolled his ankle - so he's sporting a cankle. But it was all good.
Then Saturday evening - more dancing and fun. Just great fun.
Suzy was so helpful - she watched the boys a lot while I visited with friends. THANK YOU SUZY!!!! I really appreciate it.
I was so sad to go. I miss you girls horribly. I love you all!!!! You are the BEST!!! Can't wait til the girls weekend in February!!! And Mary I cannot wait til our Vegas weekend......
Now I am in MC for a relaxing week hanging out with the family. So happy to be here. I have to run Steve to Billings - so he can catch a plane back to Omaha for the week - he will join us on Friday and we are off to Ennis for a week of mountain fun! CANNOT wait. What a great vacation this is.....so needed!!!