Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Goal

Trek To The Top

Yeah - I think I may be nuts. Steve asked if I would like to register for this crazy event!!! His place of employment has a team and will pay for our registration fees. So I said what the heck. I started running stairs yesterday just to get used to climbing stairs - it's insanely hard and this is 40 flights up up up - 870 steps. My stairs at home are 15 steps - I ran up and down them yesterday for 10 minutes and did 465 steps up and 465 steps down - but I don't know what it will be like to go up 870 steps without stopping. Maybe a little insane. And I registered under the competitive category - what????? I don't want to walk them - I want to "trot" them - does that word work here???? I think so...anyways...stay tuned - hopefully I arrive at the top of the 40 flights of stairs that wonderful February morning!