Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fruit and Veggie Smoothies

Last Friday we made Fruit and Veggie Smoothies with the kids at preschool.  I used my recipe - this is what I have for breakfast every morning - it is sooooo yummy!  A HUGE reason I make these is so I can get more veggies eaten in a day.  About half of the kids loved them.  I promise it's wonderful.

1 c. juice - I usually use a combination or orange juice, carrot juice (found in the produce isle not the juice isle), and pomegranate juice
1 c. Plain all natural Greek yogurt or Kefir
2 large handfuls (very large) of fresh spinach
1 banana
5 - 6 whole strawberries
1 c. other berries (I usually use blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries)
2 Tbsp. flax

Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high.  This makes about 4 cups. 

YUM!!!!

If you do not like bananas you can use apples, oranges, or peaches. 

Try it and let me know what you think!!!