Thursday, October 1, 2009

8 Things: Loving Fall!!!

My friends Jayne and Lee and Char all participate in Magpie Girl's 8 Things and I always love reading their lists - it inspires me to try new things - maybe to listen
to new music or try a new restaurant or be thankful in new ways.
So I have decided to join in! Last Wednesday's prompt was about fall so here are my 8 Things I love about fall (I talked about most of these yesterday - but I am happy
to celebrate them again today!!!!)

1) The colors - love looking at the trees in their reds and golds and oranges - it really is breathtaking!!

2) The smell - that earthy goodness!!

3) The cool nights - I sleep like a baby!!

4) Halloween - I love the dressing up, the decorating, Xander's excitement in all the ghoulish fun! Scary movies, scary attractions, pumpkin carving!!!

5) Pumpkin Patches - it's so fun getting to pick out your very own pumpkin from the place that it grew!! We loved Koltiska's back in Sheridan and now we love Vala's
here in Omaha.

6) Like my friend Becky reminded me - getting to wear my oh so fun and funky warm socks!

7) Snuggling up on the couch with the following:
the kiddoes
Steve
a warm blanket
a good movie playing
a super cozy fire going
and a cup of hot cocoa or hot apple cider
Sounds pretty good doesn't it??

8) Walking and running and playing outside in the sunshine but cooler temps - goodbye sweating!!!

This was fun - now lets see if I can remember to post my 8 things!!!