Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Things that make you go hhhmmmm.....

As we grow as unique persons, we learn to respect the uniqueness of others
~Robert H. Schuller

Rude......in life we all encounter very rude people. It's unfortunate but we do. I do not mean having a different opinion, or different tastes, or different values, or not seeing eye to eye - because that is the nature of being human. I mean just rude!
We all should have a chance to talk, to explain if there has been a misunderstanding, right? I mean, if you misunderstand someone and think they are rude but you don't give them the opportunity to clear things up - then aren't you, too, rude? And two wrongs never make a right!!!
Today was one of those days that I encountered someone who was rude, who wouldn't let me talk or hear me. Someone who, as soon as she heard why I wanted to talk, had made up her mind that she wasn't going to listen - she just decided to be rude. I am honestly saddened that an adult would act this way!
So todays note to self is: always always try your absolute hardest to be respectful, graceful, tactful and just really well mannered! Then - even if your point is allowed to be made - you can walk away with your head held higher because you were:
Respectful
Graceful
Tactful
Well-Mannered

2nd note to self: Chose your words wisely - so you are never misunderstood, so no trouble will come from not getting the opportunity to explain what you really meant - right Macey?

Thanks for listening to me ramble - I just had to write - to make us all think twice - right???? And so I could get over it......:)

Have a truly wonderful day everyone!