Saturday, January 19, 2008

Slacking on doing challenges

OK so I have been bad......I haven't done the blog challenges at O Scrappy Day like I had promised myself. So consider this catching up. This post will have the #2 & #3 challenges.

#2 - This is copied from Suzanne's blog - Focus on JUST the first half hour of your waking day. Write a blog entry describing it in depth. Include details such as what time you wake up and what your mood is generally. Are you usually well rested? Do you use an alarm clock to wake? If so, is it set to music or buzzing? Use lots of descriptive words!

I wake up to a rather annoying alarm - that really makes me cranky!!! I quickly jump out of bed to hit the snooze button so I can get that additional 8 minutes of sleep. Which - come on - it really isn't sleep - it's just putting off the inevitable. I then go downstairs to get my cup of coffee - oh this is my favorite part of the morning - my cup of coffee that is already made because my Steve is a giver (as he always says). With coffee in hand I march back up the stairs to start the wake up process - Macey is already up almost done getting ready (thank you Macey) - but the boys - oh the boys are monsters - hiding under their covers - whining about how tired they are. I rub their backs explaining how I know they are tired that I am tired too but it's time to wake up and start the day. Then I go get in the bath tub - yes I have time in the morning to take a quick bath - I insist on it. Then I get out and if the boys aren't up - I start yelling about how it's time to get up - if they don't get up right now they are going to be late for school. And so the battle begins.


#3 This is copied from Suzanne's blog - Rant and rave! What holiday drives you nuts? Think of a holiday people fuss over. Write about loving and/or disliking that holiday.


I am going to be totally positive here - I love Valentine's Day (I really love all holidays - even with the annoying stuff). I love the color's - the pinks and reds. The planning and making of the valentine's that the kids will pass out on the big day. Hearts galore - I love hearts - who doesn't love hearts. This year has a new addition - my dear Connor who is only 9 (10 before Valentine's Day) has asked if he can buy his "girlfriend" a special valentine and I said yes. WHAT????? Are we there already - so sweet. So I am looking forward to being there when he picks out that special little valentine. I look forward to dinner out with the kids and Steve on Valentine's night - don't feel right about leaving the kids out - they are all my special Valentine's so we should all go out together. So there you have it - why I love Valentine's and some sappy thoughts to leave you:



True love stories never have endings. ~Richard Bach

Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

A hundred hearts would be too few
To carry all my love for you.
~Author Unknown

Grow old with me! The best is yet to be. ~Robert Browning