Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cookie Exchange

So my new friend Becca was so SUPER kind to invite me to a Cookie Exchange last night. So in Stacey fashion - I wait til last minute to put everything together - I really wanted to put the fudge and Chex mix I made in treat boxes that I made. I was running out of time so I made Connor come help me put them together. He put the adhesive tabs on all the little squares and triangles and we worked like mad to get the 14 boxes done. Well - not so much!!! I had two treat boxes already put together so I put the hosts - Kelly treats in one and called it good. :( Now I have about 8 finished boxes - I just need to put the string through them and then I have 4 or so that need the squares and triangles glues on and then eyelets and string. Oh well - I will have some fun creative packaging for gifts this year. But let me tell you when I told Connor that I ran out of time and wouldn't be able to give the treat boxes out - boy was he mad about all that time he put into them. :)

On a really really postitive note - and really the most important thing about the cookie exchange - I met some very very nice people. I had a great time. It was so nice to get out and socialize. And I got some amazing goodies. Can't wait to dig in. So a HUGE thanks to my new friend Becca - you are so sweet for inviting me and a big thank you to all your friends for making me feel so welcome!