Monday, August 6, 2007

Great Short Read


So my grandma gave me a stack of books and one that just really struck me was:
A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen
Just a very straight forward, Yes! That's It!!! sort of book. I will be keeping it on my desk to read daily for reminders on how to be happy! And yes I can always be happy, it's my choice how to see life.
A couple of great blips from the book:

her father said....if you win the rat race your still a rat..........

and she quoted what a friend of senator Paul Tsangos said to huim as he decided not to run for senator again.....No man ever said on his deathbed I wish I had spent more time at the office..............

....love the journey, not the destination.....

.......life is not a dress rehearsal...........today is the only guarantee you get.....

......realize that life is glorious, and that you have no business taking it for granted....... (wow is this ever true!!!!)

Anyways pick it up - found it on Amazon for a very reasonable price, you won't be disappointed!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Short-Guide-Happy-Life/dp/0375504613/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-4383250-1367954?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186417352&sr=8-2

Now I want to read her novels - cause she's just got it.