Thursday, May 6, 2010

Action Sports International

Not the most awesome photos - but proof that I finished my second 1/2 marathon this past Sunday (May 2nd). My official chip time was 2 hours 52 minutes and 26 seconds! I didn't prepare NEARLY enough for this run - like I hadn't ran in over a month and then I went out and ran a half marathon. I was able to run the first 11 miles and then had to walk/run the last 2 miles. But hey I finished - and I ran a lot more than I thought I would be able to. I have been pretty stiff - but today was a good day - still not feeling up to running - but give me another week and I should be ok. :)
If you live anywhere around the Lincoln area you really should consider running this run - the crowd support is just phenomenal. I have only ran this course so I don't really know how it compares to others - but it was an awesome first run for me and another awesome 2nd run!!!
Steve ran the full marathon - yeah he is a stud - I think it's just awesome that he is able to run it. His official chip time was 3:56:11. Go Steve!!!
Action Sports International - Me

Action Sports International - Steve